What Are The Major Causes Of Electrical Fires?

Home electrical fires are never fun to deal with, but luckily they can usually be prevented with basic safety precautions and the right kind of equipment in your home. The best way to prevent electrical fires from happening in your home is to be aware of the common causes of electrical fires so you can make sure you don’t let them happen in your own home. Our seasoned electrician Sydney has put together a list of the major causes that you should be aware of!

Dryer Vents

If you have a lot of lint build-up in your home’s dryer vent, then chances are that some of it is finding its way into your home. Lint can easily catch fire and cause a fire in your house. A clogged dryer vent should be cleaned out regularly so that lint doesn’t find its way into your walls and elsewhere. Be sure to hire a professional electrician Sydney who knows how to keep your electrical system safe.

Faulty Wiring

Faulty wiring is a primary cause of home electrical fires. If there’s faulty wiring in your home, it could be a fire hazard. To fix any problems you might have with your wiring, call an electrician Sydney right away. That way, you can have a trained professional check out your entire electrical system and ensure that everything’s working correctly and safely.

Overloaded Circuits

One of the most common causes of electrical fires is overloaded circuits. Basically, whenever there are too many appliances plugged into a single power outlet or circuit, it increases risk for fire. This can be easily avoided by only plugging one thing into an outlet at a time, and never overloading outlets with unnecessary appliances.

Smoking in Bed

Smoking in bed can cause a fire that burns your home or even kills you. If you smoke, do not smoke in bed. Even if you’re sleeping on your side, cigarette butts, ashes and/or embers can fall off of a bedside table and ignite nearby materials such as blankets, clothing or pillows.

Faulty Appliance

If your TV set, dishwasher, air conditioner or any other home appliance is not working properly you might be at risk of fire. Faulty wiring can cause fires in many places around your home that you wouldn’t expect. The best way to ensure that they don’t malfunction is to perform regular maintenance and check them often for defects. Most homeowners are unaware of how much damage faulty appliances can do until it happens to them.

Please maintain your electrical system and have them inspected by a professional electrician every year to ensure your home is safe and free of electrical issues.

The author of this article is an expertise electrician and he often releases articles about it. In this article, he has written about the major causes of electrical fires.

Related Articles